The Board of Governors is made up of a total of fourteen members including:
• 7 members with voting rights corresponding to the parents elected to the Bureau of the Association
• 7 members with consultative voices: the Counselor for Cooperation and Cultural Action in Indonesia, the Consul of France in Jakarta, the Principal and the Director of the primary school (both appointed by AEFE), two staff representatives from LFJ and an Indonesian VIP.
The Administrative and Financial Director is invited to the Boards of Governors who may also call on experts, depending on the agenda.
The Board of Governors has the following permanent functions:
• to prepare, present and have adopted by the General Assembly the budget of the Lycée Français and to manage this budget as adopted
• to ensure the recruitment and stability of a competent teaching team adapted to the aims of the Lycée Français
• to ensure the application and respect of the articles of the association, internal regulations and any special safety rules
• ensure the sustainability of school premises, their maintenance, their possible replacement as well as their equipment
The Board of Governors works in conjunction with the School Education Board, which formulates any educational proposal aimed at improving teaching and daily life at LIFE School. The Board of Governors may also create any other special commission or study group to assist it in solving specific, non-educational problems.